Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Cute Place: Farm Tomita!

So I decided to feature a place this time because I remember a couple years back, I saw photos from a friend's trip as she backpacked through Japan. She went to this one popular place in Hokkaido & since Hokkaido is more rural/agricultural than urban cities such as Tokyo, pictures of her trip are from the lavender farm, Farm Tomita. (:

The farm is located in Nakafurano, Hokkaido which has fields abundant with beautiful lavenders. Another interesting fact about Farm Tomita is that their gift shop has lots of lavender-based products straight from their fields. Products usually range from soaps to scented candles, and as wacky as lavender ice cream! (The ice cream is a nice light purple color! (: So ingenious!) I'm definitely going there whenever I get the chance. Even though I like technology, I've always been a fan of the countryside, so Hokkaido sounds like a very humble place to go! :D

So, of course, to end off this entry, here's a few of the photos I stole from my friend's entry & a link to the website of Farm Tomita!


Ramuné is delicious! (I'll mention it whenever
I get to the topic of junk food, but it's a clear
soda (similar to Sprite, but minus the lemon-limeness.)
This flavor is of course Lavender. (:

A bush of lavender & a dragonfly. (:

Ice cream! ( ´▽` )ノ


Links: Tourism info for Farm Tomita Farm Tomita

sources: Mina-chan's camera, google images

Labels: , ,

The Persona
Mood: Accomplished

Pseudonym; Nishidake, very short female, currently residing in the US. An avid Japan fan just chronicling any encounter that is Japan-related into this little blog. (: Has a love for pandas right now. (:



TOPICS

Featured artiste: Aya Takano youkoso!

ARCHIVE

September 2008

♥ SITES



Credits
Layout image: ©here.